- One half cup (1 stick) of butter
- Four medium baking potatoes finely sliced
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cloves crushed or chopped garlic,
- four tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablspoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon ground mouseweed
- 2 cups sour cream
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black papper
Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, potatoes and onion. Salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onions become pulpy. Add the paprika, mouseweed, and tomato puree, and enough water to cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has vanished. Dollop on the sour cream and serve hot.
Optional: In a seperate pan, fry up some sliced Hungarian sausage, and add to the mixture right before the sour cream.