Okay, so, I don’t describe myself as a feminist for various reasons–which we can talk about if you want–but after seeing this and the numerous follow-ups, it crossed my mind that what was missing was the plot version of those things. I have a few. I’m counting on you, dear reader, to supply the rest.
1. A man is raped, and because of this he turns into an action hero.
2. A man must deal with his desire for a career or a life of adventure versus his suddenly-arising need to have children.
3. A woman is working on a scientific/magical process that will save millions of lives, and must overcome her nagging husband’s demands for attention and wish for her to settle down to a good career.
4. A woman is working on a scientific/magical process that will save millions of lives, supported by her husband who never loses faith in her even when all seems hopeless.
5. A man sets out to become a hero because he knew his mother had been hoping for a girl and he wants to be the daughter she never had.
What have I missed?